1.23.2010

Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes

I was thinking the other day that, not counting a handful of nursery rhymes, I've never read a book about sheep. Dogs, yes. Cats, yes. Mice, rats, squirrels, rabbits, pigs, ducks, horses, elephants, lions and tigers and bears, oh yes. Sheep, no. It's not for lack of material: there are plenty of sheep books out there. But the closest I've come is watching movies like Babe, The Sundowners, and Blade Runner. (Blade Runner is based on the classic science fiction novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick. By the way, it seems that everyone thinks Blade Runner was this great and wonderful, groundbreaking sci-fi film, but I thought it was boring and kind of pointless.)

The reason I have been pondering sheep books, and my lack of having read them, is because of a present I got in my Christmas stocking last month:



I think there's a reason that "sheep" rhymes with "creep".

PS 10 points if you can identify the source of this post's title.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

hahahaha! I love it. So glad I bought that for you :D

p.s. haven't you read james herriot? he talks a lot about sheep.

Janeite42 said...

I haven't read him yet. His first book is sitting on my TBR pile. One of these days...and I hope it's before April 27.

Jared and Megan said...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail...??

I think it's something ridiculous and British.

That sheep is also ridiculous, but not British. Probably.

Janeite42 said...

Yes, it is MP&HG. 10 points for you! 90 points more and you win a prize.