3.08.2012

I only meant to draw your attention to this beautiful handwriting over here

Day 20:  Handwriting

I found a book a while ago that was in really bad shape:  detached covers that had been taped back on, signatures that had come loose, soiling and rubbing to the covers, smudges in the page margins.


But I kept the book partly because I felt sorry for it and partly because I like Doctor Dolittle.  He's one of my childhood heroes.  What I wouldn't have given to be able to talk to my cat when I was a kid.  Well, I did talk to my cat.  He just never answered, except I could tell by the way he looked at me that he thought I was being an idiot.

Anyway, when I began to look through the book to see if it was worth salvaging, I discovered this handwriting on the flyleaf:


Yes,the book was signed by the author.  So in spite of the lousy condition of the book, and even though it's nearly impossible to read it without it falling apart, I'm hanging onto it.

No comments: