5.09.2009

We'll always be safe as long as Wonder Woman is around.

I wonder why the Wonder Woman film that's been "in development" for the last eight years still hasn't made any progress, even though she's a fan favorite for having her own feature film. I wonder why, after eight years, a usable script hasn't even been written. And I wonder why a perfectly cool script about Wonder Woman during World War II (her original milieu, by the way) was bought by one of the producers so that it wouldn't be used.


And I wonder why the powers that be are so reticent to go ahead with a superhero film featuring a female with super powers. And lastly I wonder why DC doesn't try to appeal to a wider readership by giving her the stories she is due (and I say "due" meaning DC itself thinks she's due, because they include her in their "Top Three", along with Batman and Superman), instead of trying to broaden her appeal by objectifying her even more than she already has been (I would post pictures to prove my last point, but I don't want to spread what I consider a negative message). I wonder so much I think I must be Wonder Woman.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

that's really lame. maybe think catwoman and elektra did so poorly because they were women. i'd see a wonder woman movie though :) and i think it has great potential for being made well, they just have to make it well...

Shannon said...

that should say THEY think. i don't think that. i think it's because they were weird. and i actually haven't seen catwoman, so maybe i can't have an opinion on that.

Zach and Kelly said...

Everything I have heard has said that those two films failed because they were LOUSY movies, not because they were female superhero films. There was a DC Direct animated movie about Wonder Woman that came out a few months ago. I haven't watched it yet, but it is on my list of movies to watch. Scott says it's really good.