8.12.2010

It's summer. I don't have to.

I've mentioned before how I became interested in the author Brandon Sanderson. I give him and David Farland credit for making me excited about reading new stuff again. Because of them, either directly or indirectly, I've discovered Connie Willis and John Brown and Larry Correia and Patrick Rothfuss and Robert V S Redick and Ken Scholes and all manner of new (to me) stuff. Not that I don't love the old stuff, and I still reread my favorites, but it's fun to have new stuff to enjoy as well. Anyhow, Sanderson is one of my favorite authors; the character of Vin in the Mistborn trilogy is a brilliant creation, and since reading those books I've been looking forward to every new thing Sanderson does.

Next up is the first book in his new multi-volume epic story, The Way of Kings.


If you like, you can read the first few chapters at the Tor website. You have to register to read the material, but it's free. Also, here's a link to a post Sanderson wrote, wherein he introduces his new book.

As for me, I'm looking forward to the release date, when I'll be waiting in line outside the BYU bookstore so I can be among the first to get a signed copy.

I love summer!

No comments: