9.29.2010

Ink! Ink! Bring me ink!

One of the cool things about the Way of Kings release party I went to last month was the free stuff. Everyone got a free bookmark with a map of Roshar on it. Another cool thing was that Isaac Stewart, the artist responsible for the maps and stuff, not only in The Way of Kings but also in the Mistborn series, was there. He signed the maps in my Mistborn books and also gave me a couple of extra Roshar bookmarks. Okay, this to me is like somebody giving someone else two tickets to a football game. Or maybe to the state fair, if you're interested in prize-winning pies and large pigs.

My Roshar bookmark


Anyway, Isaac Stewart has designed other amazing stuff, like this table of allomantic metals from the Mistborn series.

If anybody's wondering what to get me for Christmas,
this is one thing I want...if you can find it.


He also has t-shirts and other stuff in his online shop at www.InkWing.com. (If I tell you that, I get entered into a drawing for a free t-shirt.)

I have to say (because I am constrained by the thought of how good he is, not because it is required of me) that Stewart's art is a delightful addition to Brandon Sanderson's books, and I look forward to seeing more of it.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm curious as to how you decide on all these blog titles...

Janeite42 said...

It's a gift I have.